What is Autotrade?
After subscribing to one or more of our TradeWise Strategies, you will begin receiving trade recommendations via email. You can also elect to have TD Ameritrade automatically enter these recommendations in your brokerage account via autotrade at no additional cost although standard commission and fees still apply. After activating this feature; all opening, adjusting, and closing recommendations would be automatically entered in your account. Account holders have the added flexibility of initiating, adjusting or suspending autotrade allocations at any time.
What are the benefits of Autotrade?
Many customers take advantage of Autotrade for the convenience and timeliness of automated trade executions. If you choose to establish Autotrade for any of your Trading Strategy subscriptions, you will need to set a specific dollar amount to be allocated per trade. As you receive new trade recommendations via email, those trades will be automatically entered in your brokerage account based on the previously specified amount established with TD Ameritrade.
Who Is Currently Eligible to Utilize Autotrade?
Most TD Ameritrade accounts are eligible to access the autotrade functionality with the exception of Education IRA’s, 529 plans, and similar custodial accounts.
To set up Autotrade, please make sure you are first subscribed to one or more TradeWise Strategies. You will need your TradeWise account number, which you can find on the My Account section when logged in to TradeWise. Once you have that number, simply complete the following steps:
- Log in to your TD Ameritrade Brokerage Account at www.tdameritrade.com Once logged in, Select trade>autotrade from the top menu bar
- Please find the TradeWise section, found just below the main autotrade description.
- Please find the space requesting your TradeWise account number, and enter it. Make sure to type in the entire account number, including the TW prefix.
- Once you have entered your TradeWise Option account number, please click on the Autotrade with TradeWise button just below.
- The next page will then ask you to sign an electronic Limited Trading Authorization form (LTA), a Terms and Conditions and an SEC Risk Disclosure statement. Please agree to the forms by Re-entering your password at the bottom of the page.
- On the Autotrade Setup page, you will be able to set up your allocation method and amount. You will find the strategy(s) you have subscribed to, followed by a field that says "Do Not Allocate." Please click on the arrow next to that, and choose your allocation method by clicking on Specified Dollar Amount.
- Next, to the right of your allocation method, type in the specific allocation amount you would like PER TRADE. Please enter this carefully, checking your amount, to ensure you have typed in the amount you wish to have allocated for each trade that is initiated.
- Submit changes. Upon doing so, you will see a confirmation of the amount you have chosen at the top of the page. Please remember that the dollar amount you choose is the amount you wish to allocate PER TRADE.
- Once you have completed those steps, all new trades recommended by TradeWise for the strategies that have current allocation will be placed in your TD Ameritrade account. If you have any questions regarding this process, or if you are unclear about allocation amounts or methods, please do not hesitate to contact TradeWise at email@example.com or 877-733-6786.
You can cancel or change your Autotrade settings at any time. If you choose to cancel future allocations, all existing positions will continue to be adjusted and closed based on TradeWise recommendations. However no new positions will be initiated in your brokerage account. You also have the option to cancel autotrade entirely to take complete control of all open positions. If you choose this action, it is imperative that you contact the TradeWise team immediately to be removed from any existing management lists to avoid any trade duplications within your account.